Frequently Asked Questions
Please don’t hesitate to call me to discuss or ask any other questions.
The on-site portion of the home inspection normally takes between 2 1/2 to 3 hours depending on the size and complexity of the house systems. A detailed written report is normally provided within 24 hours of the completion of the on-site portion of the inspection.
A home inspection is a comprehensive visual examination of the home’s overall structure, major systems and components. The home inspector will review your house as a system, looking at how one component of the house might affect the operability or lifespan of another. Components that are not performing properly should be identified, as well as items that are beyond their useful life or are unsafe. The purpose of the home inspection is to provide the client with a better understanding of the property conditions, as observed at the time of the inspection. Please visit www.hiabc.ca/Forthepublic/Scopeofinspection for a detailed review of the scope of the home inspection.
No, Consumer Protection BC ‘s website states: A home inspection is an educational process which is designed to reduce a consumer’s risk when buying a home, and is not a guarantee or a warranty on a property.
Yes, we strongly encourage our clients to attend the home inspection. If you are unable to attend during the whole home inspection, we encourage our clients to attend for a briefing of our findings at the end of the home inspection. If the client is not able to attend at all, we encourage you to participate in a telephone briefing once you have received and read the written report.
Yes, I am a licensed home inspector under the BC governments Consumer Protection branch. My license number is 80971.
The process is pretty straightforward. Contact me at 250-402-3585. I will require the following information:
- Your full name
- Your current address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- The address of the property to be inspected
- The MLS number (if available) of the property to be inspected
- The name and contact details of your realtor
- A timeline for when you would like to have the inspection and report completed – we can then agree tentative timing of the inspection and I will contract your realtor to arrange/confirm the inspection date and time with the seller and confirm this back to you.
- I will send a home inspection contract and invoice for our services to you via email. We require that the contract is signed and payment made prior to the commencement of the home inspection.